Monday, May 17, 2010

WOBW Day 0: Start your engines

Here's the deal: I (with help from a few other reviewers) will be reviewing a different bottle of rotgut hobo wine every night for the next week. At least a third of a bottle for me each night, with guest reviewers stomaching as much as they can. No exemptions, no excuses. To celebrate the beginning of summer, we are going on a smash tour of the back alleys of alcohol. This is why there haven't been any updates for a bit: this is going to be the no-holds-barred throwdown thunderdome. Well, not Thunderdome. There are winners in the thunderdome. This is more like, well, hmmm...
 Riiiiiight.

(Yes, that is my second Videodrome visual gag).
Anyway, keep watch. Here's the tentative schedule:
Monday: MD 20/20 Classic Red Grape (Guest: Karim G.)
Tuesday: Orange Driver (Guest: Ross E.)
Wednesday: MD Orange Bliss (Guest: Naomi T.)
Thursday: Thunderbird
Friday: MD Banana Red

TOM WAITS SONG THAT BEST ENCAPSULATES MY CURRENT STATE OF DRUNKEN DERANGEMENT: "Take Care of All My Children."
Oh, take care of all of my children
For I don't know when I'm comin' back home
You can put all of my possessions here in Jesus' name
Nail a sign on the door
Bright and early Sunday morning with my walking cane
I'm going up to see my Lord









1 comment:

  1. God, you roped Karim into this? Just don't let him drown.

    ReplyDelete